Category: Outdoor Destination
VISITING THE BEST U.S. NATIONAL PARKS
There are 61 Unite States National Parks. They attract more than 300 Million Visitors a year. For over 100 years now the US national Park Service has selflessly managed several millions of acres of park land, just so that Visitors from all over the world can wonder at the speechless natural beauty of this Country. In this article some of the National Parks in The US Worth Visiting are reviewed.
Must Visit Parks
Some of the National Parks in The US Worth Visiting are as follows:
- Yellowstone National Park: In all the National Parks in the world, Yellowstone will always come first because of the many distinctions it holds. It is the world’s first National Park. There are numerous lakes, mountains and valleys filled with extraordinary wildlife like giant buffaloes (also called Bison). The 2.2 million acre park is unique in its natural attractions, such as, it’s beautiful Geysers and Hot Springs. Deep green forests line light green Rolling Meadows; volatile geysers rocket streams of steaming water towards the sky. In-fact when the scout John Colter first described Yellowstone, in 1807, to his employers Lewis and Clark, it was thought he was bluffing. There are 3000 plus square miles of mountains and canyons, dotted with the wild buffalo, elk and even grizzly bears.
- Grand Canyon: The breathtaking view of the Colorado River carving its way through the 18 mile by 277 mile Grand Canyon, has to be seen to believe. This is a Hiker’s paradise, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. One can even raft the Colorado River. There is also the deep blue waters of the heavenly Havasu Falls, which should be visited. It took 6 million years for the Colorado River to create the Grand Canyon, and Visitors surely have a few hours to watch this breathtaking wonder of nature.
- Grand Teton National Park: The Grand Teton Mountain Range rears its jagged snow-capped peaks amidst more than 200 miles of trails that meander through lake-sides and prairies. This park has topography that is unforgettable.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: This Park is conveniently located just 70 miles north of the city of Denver. This could be easily a day trip for some Visitors, but the extraordinary landscape of the Rockies invites nature lovers to spend far more time here than just the one day. There are 77 mountain peaks taller than 12000 ft in this area and over 150 lakes. 355 miles of picturesque trails takes one through a spectacular Alpine view. At 265,000 acres, this Park is magical.
- Glacier National Park: This Park is on the border of the US and Canada. It sits at the headwaters of all the streams that flow into the Pacific Ocean, the Hudson Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. It has more than 700 lakes, 100s of waterfalls, two massive mountain ranges and more than one million acres of forest deeply tenanted by wildlife. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Some trails are quite easy, like the Trail of the Cedars. But then there is the fearsome challenge of the Grinnell Glacier. The Park has a large array of the most comfortable lodges and hotels. Many of these were constructed by the great Northern Railways in the early 20th Century, and are on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Yosemite National Park: Yosemite is easily the second best of the National Parks of the US. It has a unique landscape composed of powerful waterfalls, like, the Vernal Fall and the Bridal Veil Falls. Unbelievable Granite rock formations like El Capitan and Half Dome are spellbinding. With an area of nearly 1200 square miles this Park has millennia-old Sequoia Trees and stunning cliff edges. Approximately 4 million people visit the Yosemite each year.
- Zion National Park: In 2016, this Park saw a record-breaking 4.3 million Visitors. Up 17% from the previous year. The apricot colored Zion Canyon can be seen while wading through the Virgin River, or climbing the Angels Landing, where the view gets even more breathtaking with each bend on the river.
The Exciting Outdoor Adventures and Destinations Present World Wide
It is always exciting for experiencing new things and go to different places like a child. But it is known that going on various adventures is too dangerous sometimes or too costly, or too demanding physically for the people. Some individuals are afraid to take dares while other are more exciting to take risks as they love adventures. You can learn about fresh places, learn new skills, and gain confidence in their capabilities. You can explore to the different parts of the world regardless of age and physical situation and go on outdoor adventures around the world. You can find exciting places from Africa to America in oceans or mountains or in surroundings which are luxurious. For each and every person there is an adventure like hiking on the mountain, decorating the louvre halls. The vacations of adventure offer wide variety of options for the modern traveler. You can go with your family or join a group of explorers. Even with more people sitting inside behind computers, Tinder shared that one of the most common dates is an outdoor excursion. You can go for a lifetime trip without your budget busting.
Some of the best outside adventure destinations in the world
The Canadian Rockies
The two mountain ranges are teeming with the wildlife which is among the river valleys with towering granite peaks. When you go for hiking or walking, you can be able to see deer, bighorn sheep, and elk etc. In the public parks, there is an availability of campsites. Most of the time, you can utilize a guide for touring this destination.
This landscape consists of enchanted lochs, ruined castles, lonely moors, and great glens etc. This is mostly suitable for teenagers and adults. This path consists of B&B’s, hostels, and camping sites.
Jordan, Dana to Petra
This trek takes places in the Jordan desert which requires five to six hours of walking everyday with occasional descents and ascents. You will spend the time here under the stars or in the tents eating delicious food prepared by the crew of the trek. The day in Petra is a world heritage place with temples and tombs which are in the red sandstone mountain.
France – Loire valley
This is the best biking place for families with beautiful castles, chateaus, and most prominent vineyards. The tours are accessible from one location to another or around a central town. The e bikes are available and most trips are considered simple.
The territory of Yukon
Start your expedition through the new Whitehorse of Yukon river and go through thirty miles in wild life. You can fish for salmon and eat it at the night within the shorelines watching moose, beavers, and black bears.
Grand canyon’s Colorado river
You can raft through the miles of hundred in the Colorado river to experience the ancient wonders. This is the best for teenagers and adults with good physical shape. You can find the Anasazi, who is the ruins of first inhabitants.
Taos, New Mexico
The prominent area of winter skiing and most visiting rock climbing is Taos. There are surfaces and the ascents present for every skill level and with great scenery. The guides who are experts at first teach basics of climbing the cliffs of multi pitch with granite rocks. The starting freshman skills are belay, rappel methods, and basic knots.
Achen valley, Austria
It includes the instruction of cross-country skiing and loops everyday through the reserve of natural park or alphine. The people going here does need some skills of skiing and it can be done as short skit skis. Adequate of the snow, the tours do not begin.
Vieques island, Puerto Rico
To get away from the crowds the Vieques island is the best place for being quiet one. The beaches here you can find are pristine and green flora lush. You can discover an illuminating experience at this island.
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
In summer and winter, this is best as the outdoor adventure. The nature present here is with snow-capped mountain peaks, finest, rolling hills, fresh air, and lush. There is a quaint town which is present between thun lake and brienz lake. From here there is a short train route for the Grindelwald ski town.
This is the historical marketplace which is in morocco. Your attention is drawn by the snake charmers, story tellers, and shop keepers here while you have your foods like couscous and escargot. As your senses are tantalized, you will definitely feel that you are in another world here.
Cinque Terre, Italy
This is the national park with steep slopes which are natural and were transformed into fertile terraces for the wine cultivation. The walls of dry-stone lead to you towards various routes with Mediterranean view which is beautiful.
The Venice is like an architecture which is stunning and there are masterpieces that are artistic with great cuisine and wine. Experience the sight and sounds of carnival of Venice and walk towards the bridge called Rialto.
Jellyfish lake, Palau
One of the most beautiful paradises is jellyfish lake in Palau which is located in Philippines for about 500 miles. This is the lake where you will find jelly fish. Here the creatures lost their capability in stinging so it became easy for the people to dive or swim in the waters.
In the Cyclades of sea Aegean has a Greek island called as Santorini. On the submerged volcano and on cliffs, the villages are constructed. The individuals who visit this place can view great sunset which is stunning.
Angkor wat, Cambodia
One of the crucial sites which is archaeological is Angkor wat present in south east Asia. It contains Angkor wat temple, Khmer empire, and temple of bayon. Go to this outstanding eye opening and jaw dropping landscape.
Singita ebony lodge, south Africa
It is located at the place of sand river where the explorers enjoy the safari adventure as well as luxury accommodation. This resort incorporates a plunge pool with 12 suites. The canvas of suites and exterior walls made of glass offers a highlight view of stars and landmark. Explore the African wild life by taking a professional tour guide with you.